<














i.r.r.e.v.o.c.a.b.l.e








me!
simply shirls
mad about dark choc & ice cream

building global youth ministry!
to build strong and biblical youth
to plant strong and biblical communities
in every school in singapore
and all over the world

blogroll of yhope mob!
central
joanne ang
winnie cheng
xanthe ang
zach young
east
chenglee poh
jacquelyn tan
yiqin teng
north
david hoe
joyce tan
northeast
chantel teo
freedy prajitna
gideon ng
marcus loke
west
alexis lim
charis ng
jr college
debbie chong
jasmine loh
xiangyu say
minops
charis lu
jiayi lee
nathaniel tan
shuzhen wang

friends from all over!
ps jeff chong
eelee tan
jasmine poon
mike raditya
chris bee
eleanor tan
stephanie soh

other fave sites!
yhope bulletin
hope international
apologetics
bible gateway
politico
the beautiful game
all-knowing wiki




Free Counters from SimpleCount.com

Friday, April 18, 2008
 
to y-hope (an open letter)

Posted in Church on April 18th, 2008 by chris

Dear Y-Hope,

Words are not enough to express the gratitude I feel towards God, your leadership team
and each and every single one of you who call the youth ministry of Hope Church Singapore
your spiritual home. The last 5 days have been a life-altering time for me personally as
God blew away every single one of my expectations for our short trip. I know as a result of
our time with you; I can not, and will not ever be the same.

We came with the intention primarily to learn and glean from your church, as well as to
serve you in whatever way we can. Honestly, I wasn't quite sure what to expect, or how
God will speak to us in these few days. I didn't just feel underqualified in serving you (sorry
for my little faith, God!), I also had no idea just how much God would turn my life around.

In every single gathering - the Saturday youth services, the CLM, Daniel's Central DDMM
(believe in you, bro!), lunch with Ps Jeff, Ps Shirls' DMM, the countless meals / drinks
/ conversations with youth and youth leaders; God's presence was so real and so tangible.
My notebook was filled with God-ideas, my mind with God-thoughts and my heart with
new desires, new visions, new dreams and new convictions.

I think for as long as I live, I will never forget that CLM - in that room crammed with
young youth leaders, it was like God Himself was speaking to us direct. Sure, the three
of us spoke the words; but it was the Holy Spirit who engraved and burned His truth and
His call inside of our hearts. What a privilege it was to witness with front row seats as
God stirred all of our hearts afresh for His Kingdom. Just as you were responding that
night with great zeal and passion, so was I. I asked God with new desperation to
make a part of His generation; and to help me to build young people who are sold out
to the cause of Christ.

Just a few hours before flying off, Ps Shirls relayed to me some of the things that you
all have been sharing with her in conversation and on your blogs on how God has
spoken to you and stirred you. I was well and truly overwhelmed by those many things.
Not just because I felt humbled and privileged that God would use my imperfect life
and my simple words to bless His church; but far more than that I was deeply moved
by the response of young people committing their all to God's purpose in this earth.
It rocked my world!

So, thank you for being and striving to be God's church. I have well and truly fallen in
love with this local church. You are a great inspiration and example for us & I believe
many youth ministries all over the world. Keep going! Because the best is yet to come
for Y-Hope. We're praying for you and cheering you on for the completion of CG08, for
greater global impact, and for seeing a generation of young people rise up - a generation
who is passionate about God, about His people and about the Great Commission; a
generation who will play their part in God's global plan.

Make no mistake that your lives have impacted both Torch & myself so deeply, and in
turn our ministry here in Ablaze. Thank you to the many many people (too many to list)
who wouldn't let us pay for our meals, drove us around, sacrificed their sleep, encouraged
us, challenged us and spoke life into our souls. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Let's run our race with perseverance, let's stay the course.
Together with God we can & will change this world.

Because we, as the church, are the hope of the world!
(And Singapore is way too small for you!!)

With much love in Christ,

Chris

--------------------

Comments: Post a Comment