|
i.r.r.e.v.o.c.a.b.l.e |
|
me! simply shirls mad about dark choc & ice cream building global youth ministry! to build strong and biblical youth to plant strong and biblical communities in every school in singapore and all over the world blogroll of yhope mob! central joanne ang winnie cheng xanthe ang zach young east chenglee poh jacquelyn tan yiqin teng north david hoe joyce tan northeast chantel teo freedy prajitna gideon ng marcus loke west alexis lim charis ng jr college debbie chong jasmine loh xiangyu say minops charis lu jiayi lee nathaniel tan shuzhen wang friends from all over! ps jeff chong eelee tan jasmine poon mike raditya chris bee eleanor tan stephanie soh other fave sites! yhope bulletin hope international apologetics bible gateway politico the beautiful game all-knowing wiki |
|
Thursday, April 10, 2008
the price of conviction On 3 April 1968, Martin Luther King, Jr. went to Memphis in support for the rights of sanitary workers. King's flight to Memphis had been delayed by a bomb threat against his plane. (This was the latest of the many assassination attempts against him.) In the closing of his speech "I've been to the Mountaintop", referring to the threats for his life, he said: or for those of you who prefer to read than to listen: "Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it really doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we as a people, will get to the promised land. So I'm happy tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord." The very next day, on 4 april 1968, Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated. His last words to his friend-musician Ben Branch, "Ben, make sure you play Take My Hand, Precious Lord in the meeting tonight. Play it real pretty." with that, history buried all his flaws and build an image of MLK as the perfect martyr which is a pity.. cos his life, the good and bad, was a lot more than exciting than that but it doesnt take away the fact that true conviction costs something if i want to see it so badly, what am i willing to pay in exchange for it? listenin -- freedom never cries by five for fighting
--------------------
Comments:
Post a Comment
|